Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's Face It...I"m No Maria Sharapova




I signed up for tennis lessons and I had my first one tonight! Let's just say my 10th grade gym teacher was not very successful in that unit of Physical Education. Though I distinctly remember playing in class, I can't remember her name or anything she taught me. And let me just tell you, I'm not a natural!

I might be athletic, but a girl who has no hand-eye coordination and has broken her elbow should probably not attempt this sport! I'm not expecting this to be a life-changing experience...I'm not even expecting to be good...but I am hoping that in 8 weeks, I will be able to play a game of tennis.

Tonight we learned how to grip the racket and hit the ball with a fronthand and backhand swing. There is so much to remember! I can't imagine it ever just feeling natural! But it was fun and hopefully in a few months I'll be able to play even if I'm still terrible! :)

No comments: