Sunday, September 14, 2008

I went for cat litter....

...I came home with Lucy.


Meet Lucilia Louise. She is Maxwell Milton's new baby sister. They aren't friends yet, but hopefully if I introduce them correctly they will be best buds very soon! :) Max still slept with me last night, so he must not be too upset. :)

I played with names like Madelyn, Anastasia, Maggie, Molly, Catarina, and Lila...but I settled on Lucy. Lucy is my favorite character in the Chronicles of Narnia, but my kitty needed a more sophisticated name. She is a proper lady and her brother has a very proper name. So I eventually decided on the name Lucilia (a name I read once in the Canterbury Tales) Louise (for Louisa May Alcott).

Isn't she beautiful! It's hard to photograph her blue eyes and she won't sit still....but you get the idea. Her tail is my favorite part!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

What a beautiful kitty!