Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Journal From Haiti

I've been a pretty bad blogger in the last year.  I've had lots of adventures and had plenty of things to write about, I just haven't been able to find the time to sit down and type!

While moments of free time continue to be scarce, I've decided to make blogging a priority so I can write about my latest adventure on the journey.  I just returned from a life-changing trip to Haiti and there is so much to write about.  The trip was only 6 days, but I'm pretty sure I could write enough pages to fill a book.  There are so many experiences I want to remember.  Moments I want to share.  Stories I want to tell.  God is doing amazing things in Haiti, in Leveque, and in deaf ed.  I believe that this is only the beginning in so many ways.

When people ask me about my trip the only things I can find to say are--It was amazing.  I want to go back.  or I will definitely go back.  Before, I described the trip as life-changing.  That's not a cliche.  It really was.  Haiti touched me in a way that no other place has or likely will.  Without hesitation, it leaped into my soul, found my heart patiently waiting, and settled into the corner that was created for this very purpose.   There is no doubt in my mind that my work in Haiti is far from over.  It is something I have known I was meant to be a part of long before this trip.

When I try to explain why the trip was so amazing or why I can hardly wait to return, the words seem to melt like snowflakes on the tip of my tongue.  All I can say is that this trip to Haiti is the epitome of my "journey to where".  Finding the words to tell these stories is a daunting commitment, but it's something I know I have to do, no matter how many hours or entries it takes.  Using our team's daily e-mail updates, the pictures we took while on the trip, and the journal entries I penned each night,  I am creating a blog version of my journal from Haiti.

And so it begins...

No comments: