Thursday, July 8, 2010

30 Before 30


First an explanation:

Recently, I was catching up with some old friends and we started talking about "Bucket Lists". I told them about my goal to run a marathon before I turn 30, and a friend told us about her list of "101 Things in 1,001 Days". I hadn't heard of this project before, but I was immediately intrigued with the idea! Her enthusiasm was so contagious that I was inspired to create my own. Of course, I always have to do things my own way, and this is no exception. So Instead of making a list for the next 2.75 years, I decided to stick with the "before I turn 30" theme which will give me 1.5 years. After quite a bit of brainstorming, I have made a list of 30 Things to do Before I Turn 30 (aka-30 Before 30).

And now the list:

1-Run a marathon.
(A FULL!--As in...26.2 miles)
2-Eat a hot dog at Coney Island.
3-Overcome a fear.
4-Take a class in something new. (painting, sewing, surfing)
5-Ride in a hot air balloon.
6-Go kayaking.
7-Go ice skating at Rockefeller Plaza.
8-Visit at least one of the states I have not yet been to.
(Since there are 34 of them, it shouldn't be too hard!)
9-Camp in a tent on the beach.
10-Do something nice for a stranger.
11-Try a new type of dance.
12-Visit Savannah for St Patrick's Day.
13-Do something spontaneous.
14-Taste wine at a vineyard.
15-Go to a mystery dinner theater.
16-Submit a postcard to Post Secret.
17-Test drive a convertible.
18-Complete the Push Up Challenge.
19-Mail someone a package-just because.
20-Volunteer at a charity run.
21-Write a letter to myself to open on my wedding day.
22-Write down something I am thankful for everyday.
(And make them all different-eek!)
23-Dance in the rain.
24-Tryout/audition for something. Or enter some kind of contest.
25-Compete in a race with a partner or team
26-Eat in a restaurant or go to a movie alone.
(And no texting while I'm there!)
27-Read all the books (I have not yet read) on my shelves.
(And don't buy any new ones until I do!)
28-Make a list of 30 things I like about myself.
29-Send letters to 30 people who have impacted my life in some way.
30-Watch a sunrise over the Atlantic and a sunset over the Gulf in the same day.

For each of the things I don't accomplish, I plan to donate $10 to the Special Olympics.

So here we go...I have until January 21, 2012. If you want to join me on any of these adventures, let me know! Some of them can't be done alone! :)

No comments: