Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Better Than a Hallelujah


Sometimes I think I trick myself into thinking that I have to have it all together. That I have to praise God for the blessings in my life, because I know they outweigh the pains. I make myself think that joy means being happy and thankful in every circumstance. But we can trust and understand God's plan while still hurting. Our tears don't make us less holy; they make us real.

It's true that God wants our worship, but sometimes that includes our tears. We can't hide them from God, He already knows our heart. God just wants our HONESTY. THAT is worship. No games. No masks. No walls. No forced smiles. Just honest cries..."They're better than a hallelujah sometimes."

And now, the song I heard today on the radio that reminded me of this truth. (You didn't expect me to have a point without a song, did you?)






No comments: