Monday, October 27, 2008

Because I now know how to embed videos...

Thanks, Liv! :)

My other favorite Nickelback song.



Now if I only had the video of me signing this song. I do believe it's been my favorite song I've ever signed. (And well I do interpret, so that's alot of songs!) :) One of my students told me she cried when I performed it. I was touched, but I didn't really understand why she was moved to tears.

When I asked her why, she said, "Because I just think it's so awesome, your work...that you care enough to work with deaf kids. They are so lucky to have you. You could be doing so many other things with your life, but it's obvious your passion is for your kids. I know you are great with them." That struck me in a strange way.

Before I had thought of "caring" more in terms of the video. I loved the lyrics, but they made me think of these huge global efforts. I guess I thought teaching wasn't grand enough to make a difference or something? I don't know. But her words really made me think. It is the small stuff that makes a difference too. So kudos to all of you out there making a difference no matter how big or small your sacrifice may be. Thank you for caring.

No comments: