Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lucy's Favorite Activities

1) Climbing.


So last Saturday Max and I were watching TV on the couch. Meanwhile, Lucy, in search for her daily adventure, was climbing the stairs (on the outside of the railing). She made it all the way to the top, then couldn't figure out how to go back down. She tried backing up, but it wasn't working. She she tried to turn around. Of course she slipped. But she held on for dear life with her front paws. (She looked like a little rock climber!) She successfully pulled herself back up and began her descent. At this point I snapped the picture above. A few minutes later she attempted her climb again. She again she reached the top and slipped as she tried to turn around. Only this time she wasn't quite so lucky. She couldn't hold on...and fell 10 feet to the ground! Max, the perfect gentleman, jumped up and ran to her side to make sure she was okay. She is, but she hasn't made a third attempt! :) However, she continues to run up the stairs on the inside of the railing for her daily exercize.

2. Playing with "Toys"


Pretty much everything is a toy to Lucy. Cups, papers, jewelery....anything she can get her hands on. She even dragged a shirt all the way from my closet to the living room. It was on a hanger, but had strings hanging down...so of course, she couldn't resist. So today's toy: Mommy pulled the blinds up. So naturally, the blind pull became a toy that occupied her for atleast an hour. Notice Max totally ignores her and looks out the window the entire time!

3. Watching TV


Seriously, she loves television. It's really weird. She just sits there and watches it. So of course I snapped a picture.


4. Playing with Max

She loves to wrestle, play tag, and chase with Max; it's really cute. And equally annoying when I'm trying to sleep!

5. Cuddling with Max


She loves her big brother. She hardly ever leaves his side. I'm not kidding, when Max goes in the litter box, Lucy sits outside of it waiting. She doesn't really understand the whole privacy idea. They are totally cute together. I love when they cuddle and lick each other. It makes me happy that I got Max a friend.

Mary, are you happy? I didn't write about politics for once. Only 2 more weeks and then I promise I'm done anyway! :)

And Katherine Ann, you should be happy...more Max and Lucy stories. 'Cause really they are the only interesting part of my Florida life...I gotta meet people...or I'm gonna turn into an old cat lady....maybe I'll join eHarmony and attempt to meet a guy! :P But really I'd just settle for a few Christian friends. Do they have a place to meet those? Oh wait, I think that's called church. Gotta find one of those too. :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

Just a thought for you... there's a couple in our SS class who just got married, and they met on eharmony.com! Seriously! It works! :)

Mary said...

Thank you. :o) I enjoyed your post.

Olivia said...

The picture of your cat watching television is hilarious, not to mention very cute :) My dog sometimes stares at the t.v. screen, but I think he might just be doggy-daydreaming...

I think you and I have both gotten caught up in election talk! I'm trying to cut back, too -- and when I came over to your blog today to see that you were trying the same thing, I got pretty tickled.

The weather is starting to get pretty cool up here -- are you still enjoying nice, even temps in Florida?

Samantha said...

kittykittykittykittykitty!