Monday, October 6, 2008

Really, Madeleine? You're not a Palin supporter? I'm Shocked!

http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/palin-misquotes-her-starbucks-cup.html

Uh, no. Not really. But I do think this event and prompt response contain several important lessons for us, the voters of America.

What we learn from this:

1) Sarah Palin frequents Starbucks.
(Or maybe not...what exactly is a "mocha"?)
2) Sarah Palin has trouble reading her "mocha" cup.
(Maybe she was nervous...or maybe not.)
3) Madeleine Albright doesn't like jokes.
(Or maybe she doesn't know what one is.)
4) Madeleine Albright is in fact not a supporter of Palin. In fact, she wasn't really talking about Governor Palin on cup jacket.
(Shocking! I'm so glad she cleared this up.)
5) Madeleine Albright takes herself too seriously.
(Cause really I was gonna vote McCain/Palin based on her quote.)

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I know what you mean. When I read about that, the first things I thought were, "um, why does this matter?" and, "support and help kind of mean the same thing..."

Jennifer Renee said...

seriously...

i just think it's hilarious that madeleine albright felt the need to clear things up

i mean clearly palin tried to make a joke and misspoke, no one would have even known what she said had albright not called in and made such a huge deal